- Wednesday, April 5, (5:30 – 7:00 PM) @ RPCC
- North Dinner
- Wednesday, April 5, (8:00 PM – 10:00 PM) @ Arts Quad Prayer Tent
- Fellowship Prayer Meeting
- Friday, April 17, (7:30 PM) @ David L. Call Auditorium
- Wednesday, April 15 (5:00 PM) to Friday, April 17 (5:00 PM) @ Arts Quad
- 2015 Cornell Prayer Tent
- There will be no Easter on the Quad this year due to overlaps with spring break. However, there will still be a 48-hour prayer tent leading up to the evangelistic event with the speaker Nabeel Qureshi on Friday, April 17th! We want to see it overflowing with prayer and worship. There are 2 components: prayer for the campus and for the event, and outreach, where we will be asking people for prayer requests and sharing the Gospel. Sign up by yourself or with small groups and friends! Sign up here: tinyurl.com/2015prayertent
- Friday, April 17, (7:30 – 9:00 PM) @ David L. Call Auditorium
- Nabeel Qureshi: The Gospel in a World of Religion and Irreligion
- Dr. Nabeel Qureshi is a former skeptic of Christianity who was convinced of the truth of the Gospel through historical reasoning and a spiritual search for God. Since his conversion, he has dedicated his life to spreading the Gospel through teaching, preaching, writing, and debating. Nabeel is a member of the speaking team at Ravi Zacharias International Ministries. He holds an MD from Eastern Virginia Medical School, an MA in Christian apologetics from Biola University, and an MA from Duke University in Religion. On Friday night, Nabeel Qureshi will be speaking about his story of faith. On Saturday afternoon, Nabeel will be answering the common objectives to Christianity using a more scholarly approach. There will be Q&A sessions during each event. (http://em.ficcc.org/events/nabeel.html)
- Friday, April 18, (5:00 – 7 PM) @ Bear’s Den
- Measureless A Capella Coffeehouse: A Light in the Room
- Enjoy free music, food, and conversations about faith!
- Angels & Mortals
We’re bringing back Angels and Mortals this year! For those of you who don’t know what it is, Angels and Mortals is an opportunity to serve and care for our brothers and sisters. How this works is those who want to participate will have someone they are assigned to as their “mortal” and someone assigned to them as their “angel”. The “angel” does small acts for their “mortal” such as making them a care package, writing them an encouraging note, or something of the like. The point is not to try and figure out who your “angel” is but, again, it is an opportunity to love and serve one another. This is a commitment for the remainder of the semester. If you want to participate, please sign up by filling out this form by this coming Monday (4/13) and we will somehow randomize pairings: http://goo.gl/forms/0wUUZJ7dc5.
- CBS T-Shirt Orders
- CBS T-shirts are ready! This year’s design, made by Olivia Woo, is inspired by Acts 17:27 – “His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him – though he is not far from any one of us.” Although we sometimes seek God and other answers in life ‘out there somewhere,’ Christ’s love is so close and so much bigger than us that we can barely see or comprehend him. The shirt is fun and a great conversation starter! If you are interested in ordering one (or fifty), please feel out this form by Wednesday April 15 (to expedite the ordering process): http://goo.gl/forms/MbHFAcdm7h. The shirt will cost around $14 (but the more people who buy it, the cheaper it will be), and it will be in black.
- CBS Summer Storage
- If you are looking for summer storage, don’t worry CBS has your back! We are offering summer storage and will pick up your boxes and store them in apartments or a rented storage space on the last day of finals. If you want to sign up for summer storage please fill out this form.
Also, if you would like to volunteer to help with summer storage (whether it is offering your apartment space for storage or helping to move boxes or temporary housing for underclassmen) please fill out this form too!
Please try to fill out the forms by April 24th so we can plan way in advance. Summer storage can be pretty hectic so the sooner you fill out the info the better. Contact Christine Loui (cl735) if you have any questions.
- Wednesday, May 20 to Thursday, May 21 @ Brooktondale Nazarene Camp & Retreat Center
- CBS Camping Trip 2015
- Camping Trip will be after finals, so please mark your calendars! Come join us for a time of celebrating the year and God’s faithfulness to us as a fellowship! This is an opportunity to say goodbye to the seniors right before graduation and to relax after finals! The cost will be $40 per person and please RSVP here by May 6.
Article of the Week
Song of the Week
Memory Verse of the Week
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” (Romans 10:14-15)
Last week: Philippians 3:12-14
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Thank the Lord for the moves made to improve international relations between Cuba and the United States. May this lead the way for peace and understanding among other nations.
- Pray for the families and residents affected by the recent shooting in South Carolina. Pray for relieved tensions between the police and the residents that the two are able to perform their roles in a godly matter, not abusing their authority or judging one another.
- Thank God for the safe travels and blessings of all the alumni who came this weekend. May we all be able to continue fighting the good fight and to never cease meeting one another.
- Pray for this campus especially with the Nabeel Qureshi event occurring this Friday. May hearts on this campus be drawn and open to what he has to say. Pray that we would be bold and reach out to our friends or strangers.
Stephen & Jevon