- Monday, March 9, (4:30 PM) @ Sage Chapel
- Fellowship Prayer Meeting
- Wednesday, March 11, (5:30 – 7:00 PM) @ Appel
- North Dinner
- Friday, March 13, (7:00 PM) @ Phillips 101
- Large Group Gathering (Paul Epp, Speech)
- Friday, March 13, (9:30 PM) @ Phillips 101
- CBS Service Marketplace 2015
This is an ACE where we auction services (e.g. food deliveries, making plushies, music lessons, cleaning etc.), and all proceeds will go to Feed My Starving Children. We have donors willing to match up to a total of $1000! This is an opportunity to serve one another while developing a heart for our community and world. To buy a service, bidding will begin at the starting price (determined by the service provider) and increase until the number of people left standing is equal to the maximum number of people who can receive the service. If there are more than the maximum number left standing, a random number generator will be used to determine who gets the service. If you plan on buying services, please bring at least $5 to deposit on the night of. We will also be using Venmo as payment (https://venmo.com/i/Chinese-BibleStudy). If you’d like to provide a service, please send a ppt slide with the following information to CBSservicemarketplace@gmail.com by Wednesday March 11th:
- name of the service
- short description of service
- people offering the service
- minimum payment
- maximum payment (please make this reasonable!
- maximum number of people who can receive the service (or unlimited)
- Saturday, March 14, (8 PM – 12 AM) @ Duffield Attrium
- Asia Night 2015: CELEBRAT10N
- This year marks not only the 10th year of Asia Night, but also the 150th year of Cornell University’s founding. This will be a night to remember with more than 50 student organization booths, 20 performances, and all the food, games, activities, and raffles you can imagine!
- CBS will be having a booth, so please come out to support and man the booth! Sign up here if you would like to help out in any way!
- Tuesdays, starting March 10, (7:00 PM) @ Willard Straight Hall Art Gallery
- Vision School is a 7-week program that will teach you about the history, current conditions, and culture of missions in the 10/40 Window, and prepare you to share the Gospel with unreached people groups. Lectures will be given by guest speakers and videos, and cover topics ranging from the Mission Spirit & Discipleship to the Islamic culture. By learning about Christianity from a global perspective and focusing on the 10/40 window, this program will give you the opportunity to challenge yourself to respond to God’s call and be a part of His vision. For more information, please contact Cornell Bang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Teresa Kim (email@example.com).
Article of the Week
Song of the Week
Memory Verses of the Week
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10)
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. (James 1:5)
Last week: Psalm 1:1-3
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Pray for the country as it is dealing with these issues of suicide bombers and terrorist groups, including Boko Haram who has also publicly pledged allegiance to ISIS.
- Pray for this nation to love one another without judgment or fear as relations between races continues to be a struggling issue.
- Thank the Lord for people’s hearts for missions. Pray for these people as they heed God’s calling in the mission field. Pray that others may support them whether financially or through prayer.
- Pray for Servant Marketplace this Friday as people decide whether or not they want to provide services. Pray for the funds as well that they would be used wisely within the organization Feed My Starving Children.
- Pray for this upcoming Asia Night, that all of us are able to reach out to those attending, that we will be bold and speak His words.
Stephen & Jevon