- Monday, March 2, (4:30 PM) @ Sage Chapel
- Fellowship Prayer Meeting
- Wednesday, March 4, (5:30 – 7:00 PM) @ RPCC
- North Dinner
- Friday, March 6, (7:00 PM) @ Phillips 101
- Large Group Gathering (Michael Paris, Wisdom)
- Friday, March 13, (9:30 PM) @ Phillips 101
- CBS Service Marketplace 2015
This is an ACE where we auction services (e.g. food deliveries, making plushies, music lessons, cleaning etc.), and all proceeds will go to a charity to be determined. This is an opportunity to serve one another while developing a heart for our community and world. To buy a service, bidding will begin at the starting price (determined by the service provider) and increase until the number of people left standing is equal to the maximum number of people who can receive the service. If there are more than the maximum number left standing, a random number generator will be used to determine who gets the service. If you plan on buying services, please bring at least $5 to deposit on the night of. We will also be using Venmo as payment (https://venmo.com/i/Chinese-BibleStudy). If you’d like to provide a service, please send a ppt slide with the following information to CBSservicemarketplace@gmail.com by Wednesday March 11th:
- name of the service
- short description of service
- people offering the service
- minimum payment
- maximum payment (please make this reasonable!
- maximum number of people who can receive the service (or unlimited)
- Short Term Mission Trip Opportunities
- Spring Break
- Cru (Big Break, South Africa, New York City), email Mercy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or JW (email@example.com)
- InterVarsity (NYCUP Spring Break Experience)
- Urbana 15 (December 27-31)
- Spring Break
- Live at the Chesterton House!
- The Chesterton House ministry includes a residential living learning center located at 115 The Knoll, a grand English Tudor mansion that formerly served as a Greek house, and which offers housing for up to 18 men. There is also a companion residential living learning center for women called Sophia House. Applications are currently being taken for both residences for 2014-2015.
- For an application to the men’s community, contact Karl:firstname.lastname@example.org. For an application to the women’s community, contact Barb: email@example.com.
- Tuesdays, starting March 10, (7:00 PM) @ Willard Straight Hall Art Gallery
- Vision School is a 7-week program that will teach you about the history, current conditions, and culture of missions in the 10/40 Window, and prepare you to share the Gospel with unreached people groups. Lectures will be given by guest speakers and videos, and cover topics ranging from the Mission Spirit & Discipleship to the Islamic culture. By learning about Christianity from a global perspective and focusing on the 10/40 window, this program will give you the opportunity to challenge yourself to respond to God’s call and be a part of His vision. For more information, please contact Cornell Bang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Teresa Kim (email@example.com).
- Wednesdays, starting March 18, (7:30 – 9:30 PM) @ Anabel Taylor Hall 314
- GCH 325: Identity, Community, Vocation (2 credit course)
- Who am I? And what am I called to do at this time, in this place, and among these people who live in the world around me? This two credit*, integrative seminar explores issues of identity, community, and vocation, drawing upon philosophical, sociological and theological sources. Students will design personally tailored research plans for exploring their gifts and sense of calling and then complete their plans alongside their progress through course readings and lectures.
Article of the Week
When Your Faith for Fishing Is Small
Song of the Week
Memory Verse of the Week
Blessed is the man
who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree
planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
Last week: John 14:27
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Pray for those areas once again impacted by the introduction of Ebola in Africa. Pray that Christians and non-Christians around the world will step up and to help in whatever ways they have been called to and to care for those affected by Ebola.
- Praise and thank the Lord for the recent release of 19 Assyrian Christians. Continue to pray those held hostage by ISIS and for the ISIS organization as they continue to be a major concern throughout nations.
- As the work this semester is starting to pile up with prelims and projects, pray that the students of Cornell will find peace in God and not in their achievements and pray for those students who do not know Him yet that God will open up their hearts and reveal Himself to them.
Stephen & Jevon