- Wednesday, October 8, (5:30 PM – 7:00 PM) @ Appel
- North Dinner
- Thursday, October 9, (7:00 PM – 9:00 PM) @ RPCC 220
- Fellowship Prayer Meeting
- Friday, October 10, (7:00 PM) @ Phillips 101
- Informal Large Group Gathering
- Sunday, October 12, (6:00 PM) @ Eddygate 1G
- Saturday, October 18
- Evangelism Spark Group Training Session 1
- Please fill out this form if you are interested in participating in evangelism Spark Group training provided by Heather Hocking with Campus Renewal Ministries.
- Saturday, October 25
- Into the Streets is Cornell’s largest day of public service. Last year, over 1,200 Cornell students were sent into the surrounding community to volunteer for only a few hours on just one day in October. Students can either sign up as an individual or as a team of about 4-13 people, and based on the team’s availability, get assigned to a location. It is a very easy and fun way to reach out and give back to the community!
- Please sign up for a team with your small group Bible study by Friday, October 10 at this link: Into the Streets Volunteer Sign-Up.
- Sign up for a prayer partner!
“Prayer Partners” is a CBS term for an intentional mentoring, encouraging, and God-centered relationship between an upperclassman and an underclassman. If you sign up for an older prayer partner, you can expect an older brother or sister to meet with you at least once a week to pray for each another and grow together in your relationship with Christ. That older brother (if you’re a guy) or sister (if you’re a girl), will encourage and challenge you to deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow after Christ (Luke 14:26-27). If you are interested in learning about Christianity, a prayer partnership can also help you discover more about what it means to be a follower of Christ! If you are interested in being paired with an older prayer partner, please do so on this sign-up form.
Article of the Week
One Question God Always Answers
- Pray for both the ebola outbreak and its victims that as the virus continues to spread, the victims’ friends and families will be supporting them as they go through this and receive treatment
- Pray for the safety, judgment, and health of those dispatched to fight against Islamic State in Iraq
- Pray for the family members of the victims of the Lansing crash last week. And praise the Lord that there is community near them willing to support them financially during this time.
- Pray for students this upcoming Fall break to take the time to rest and recuperate from the stresses and burdens of academic life and more
Stephen & Jevon
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:28-29)